Your puppy or kitten brings so much joy to your life. Making sure your new pet receives the best care possible will help ensure he lives a long and active life. Whether it’s a puppy vaccination, a kitten vaccination, or general care for your young pet, you need to find an experienced veterinarian to provide quality pet care. At Faith Vet Clinic in North Brunswick, NJ, we can provide your pet with exceptional veterinary care.request an appointment
Basic Puppy and Kitten Care
To make sure your kitten or puppy gets the best start in life, you’ll need to cover the following basic care:
- Puppy and Kitten Proof Your Home: Make sure little pets are safeguarded from steep stairs and sharp objects. Also, make sure they are protected from plants and foods that could be poisonous if ingested.
- Know When to Start Training: You should begin house training your puppy between 12 and 16 weeks of age. You can introduce your kitten to a litter box as early as 4 weeks old.
- Select the Right Food: Both puppies and kittens will need to start out eating at least four times daily. You’ll need specially formulated food for puppies and kittens to meet their dietary needs at a young age.
- Find the Best Veterinarian: Finding a quality veterinarian is essential for taking the best care of your puppy or kitten. As soon as you bring a new pup or kitten home, you’ll want to make an appointment with a vet and find out exactly what vaccinations your pet will need.
Essential Puppy and Kitten Vaccinations
There are several vaccinations that both kittens and puppies will require.
- Puppies: Essential vaccinations for puppies include those for Rabies, Parvovirus, and Distemper. Optional vaccines include Bordetella, Influenza, and Lyme disease. Your vet can tell you if these optional vaccines are needed for your particular pet.
- Kittens: Core vaccinations normally include those for Rabies, Feline Distemper, Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, and Calicivirus. These vaccinations usually start when your kitten is 6 to 8 weeks old. Rabies is usually the last vaccine given at around four months old.
Choose Faith Veterinary Clinic in North Brunswick, NJ
If you need a kitten vaccination, a puppy vaccination, or general veterinarian care, at Faith Veterinary Clinic we have the experience to provide high-quality care for your pet. Besides vaccinations and puppy and kitten care, we offer wellness exams, lab services, and emergency care. We also include spaying and neutering services. If you’re in the North Brunswick area, contact us at Faith Veterinary Clinic to schedule an appointment today.